As a Catholic, Jesuit and Chinese-Filipino institution, Ateneo de Iloilo-Santa Maria Catholic School recognizes the right of every child to be educated. However, it reserves the right to choose students who qualify for admission based on the following admission policies and criteria of the school.
1. Admission to ADI-SMCS is based on Applicant’s academic qualifications. Thus, all applicants from other schools are required to take an admission exam and undergo an interview as scheduled by the Admission Committee.
2. In the same way, all ADI-SMCS Students who are incoming Grades 1, 7 and 11 are also required to take a benchmarking test. Those who fail the benchmarking test are still accepted but are placed under academic probation for one (1) school year.
3. Applicants for the following grade levels must comply with the age requirement:
a. Prep must be 4 years old and Kinder must be 5 years old by December of the incoming school year.
b. Grade 1 applicants must be at least 6 years old by December of the incoming year.
Transferees to Higher Grade Levels
1. The school does not accept applicants for Grades 6 and 10 except under special circumstances, subject to the approval of the School President.
2. Applicants for higher year levels will be allowed to undergo the admission process subject to the availability of slots for the particular level.
3. Students of other schools who wish to transfer to ADI-SMCS in the middle of the school year may apply for admission with the following conditions:
a. Application may be allowed if there are available slots for the grade level.
b. The applicant should provide the school with the initial documentary requirements and will be subject to the schools evaluation.
c. The same criteria for evaluation of regular applicants will be used.
1. ADI-SMCS is granted by the Department of Education permission to admit foreign students. The applicants should follow the same procedure for admission, but in addition, should also meet the rest of the other requirements of the Department of Education and the Bureau of Immigration.
2. Applicants must meet the minimum standards set by the Admission Committee to be eligible for admission. The decision of the Admission Committee is final without prejudice to the School President’s rights and privileges.
1. Passing the admission exam does not guarantee the applicant a slot in the school. Applicants who passed the admission exam must reserve their slot with the school by paying the required reservation fee at the accounting office within the specified time as stated in the acceptance letter.
2. The Reservation fee is non-refundable and shall be automatically deducted from the student’s enrolment fees.
3. Failure to pay the reservation fee will mean forfeiture of the applicant’s chance to enroll in the school and will not be entertained during enrolment time.
4. Accepted applicants who made their reservation are required to enroll in the specified schedule of enrollment. No accepted applicant, even if a reservation fee has been paid, shall be entertained after the specified enrolment schedule
1. All old students are required to reserve a slot for the next school year by the end of the 2nd Trimester. Grades 2-6 and Grades 8-10 are required to submit the reservation letter to the Class Adviser signifying intention to enroll for the next school year.
2. All incoming Grades 1, 7 and 11 are required to pay the non-refundable reservation fee at the Accounting Office within allotted schedule. The reservation fee shall be automatically deducted to the student’s enrollment accountabilities for next school year.
3. Students who fail to pay the reservation slot will not be allowed to enroll for the next school year.